Mark Twain once said “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” If you agree with this sentiment, our upcoming Women & Whisky event is the perfect chance to celebrate this classic spirit in style.
Curious to learn more? You’re in the right place. Here, we’ll dish on this unique and exciting event, which will offer an invaluable education on whisky, and plenty of incredible food and drinks.
Women & Whisky: the event. At Bottiglia, we’re billing this event as a night of “education, good food, and great spirits”. On Friday, December 8th, at 7pm, Bottiglia will transform into a veritable whisky wonderland as we feature our Women & Whisky event. For this incredible evening, we will be offering a unique tasting dinner complete with whisky and bourbon pairings from the Maker’s Mark family, and a unique education from a woman who truly knows whisky well: Megan Breier, a Beam Suntory Brand Ambassador.
For just $35, you’ll enjoy a 5 course tasting dinner (featuring arancini and charcuterie board offerings) plus 2 bourbon cocktails and 3 neat pours. The event’s host, Megan Breier, will also offer a fascinating education on the spirited spirit.
About Suntory Beam. Even if you don’t realize it, you’re likely already quite familiar with the Beam Suntory Brand.
Jim Beam (the “Beam” in “Beam Suntory”) is actually one of the oldest distilleries in America. James Beam began selling barrels of whiskey in the late 1700s. By the 1900s, it was a well respected global brand. In the early 2000s, it was acquired by Suntory Holdings, a Japanese brewing and distilling company.
This powerful merger married both companies together as Beam Suntory, which is a subsidiary of Suntory Holdings. Today, Beam Suntory operates out of Chicago, and under its company umbrella, includes bourbon whiskey, tequila, Scotch whisky, Irish whiskey, Canadian whisky, vodka, cognac, rum, cordials, and ready-to-drink pre-mixed cocktails.
About your host. The event is hosted by Megan Breier, a Beam Suntory Brand Ambassador. Boasting years of experience in the hospitality industry, Megan has acted as a brand ambassador for Beam Suntory for the past several years, and has actively sought out to cultivate relationships with bartenders, whisk(e)y societies, consumers and distributor partners through unique educational experiences and opportunities.
Why host a whisky themed event? Why has Bottiglia elected to feature whisky in such a bit way? For a number of reasons, but here are just a few:
- To demystify the spirit. Whisky remains mysterious to many drinkers. What is whisky? Why is it sometimes spelled “whiskey”? How do bourbon and rye fit into the definition of this spirit? Many of these questions will be answered at the event, which will heighten your enjoyment and remove some of the mystery revolving around whisky.
- To help you enjoy whisky. When it comes to tasting whisky, what should you look for? What type of glassware should you use? What are different descriptors that can help you order the type you’re craving? You’ll pick up plenty of tips at our event.
- To sample different types of whisky. There are plenty of different types of whisky out there. This event will offer you the opportunity to sample a variety of types, which will not only expand your cocktail drinking horizons, but allow you to begin to discern subtle differences in production and style.
- To learn about food pairings. While many people know at least a few basics about pairing wine and food, pairing whisky and food is less understood. By sampling different whiskies alongside with foods from the Bottiglia menu, you’ll gain a better appreciation for how pairing spirits with food can create brand new flavor sensations.
- For fun. Um…whisky is a whole lot of fun! Learning more about it in such a welcoming and delicious atmosphere promises to make the evening extremely fun and memorable.
Women & Whisky: What you need to know. Want to attend our incredible Women & Whisky event? Here’s what you need to know:
- What: an evening of education, whisky, and great food. We will be featuring the Maker’s Mark Bourbon Whisky Family.
- When: Friday, December 8th, 7pm
- Where: Bottiglia Cucina & Enoteca, 2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89052
- Cost: $35 per person
For more information or to make a reservation, you can email email@example.com.
When it comes to Henderson Italian Restaurants, Bottiglia Cucina & Enoteca offers an experience unlike any other establishment. We hope that you’ll join us for this truly unique Women & Whisky event, which promises to be educational, delicious, and fun-filled!
Wouldn’t you love to learn more about whisky?